Memo boards are perfect for seasonal decorating, desk areas and dorm rooms. This one is reversible. One side is burlap, and the other side is pretty fabric. You can craft fabric appliqué letters and shapes to display on it throughout the year.
Make your own following my notes below or my tutorial on Guidecentral.
Materials: burlap, fabric, foam core, white washed frame, craft wire, mirror clips, and vintage button push pins.
- Fabric covered foam core board- 2 pieces of foam core board (from the dollar store) measuring 12" x 16" inches. Cover one board with burlap and the other with holiday fabric. Fold over back edges of fabric and hot glue in place. You can also use spray adhesive. With glass removed, place your covered boards together back to back, place into frame opening.
- Mirror clips- use 4 mirror clips on the back of picture frame to hold fabric boards in place. The mirror clips work great fitting the chunky fabric covered foam core boards!
- Hanging- place wood screws onto either side of the back of your frame, wrap decorative craft wire from one to the other. I pre-drilling the holes, because this was a very hardwood frame.
- Reversible- undo hanging wire & mirror clips to flip and use the reverse side!
- Vintage button push pins- gather your favorite vintage buttons and hot glue onto flat tacks.
I'm joining up at these lovely link parties.